Latest Posts

{Review} Goddess by Jospehine Angelini

By 6:30 am

Add to Goodreads
Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #3
Release Date: May 28th 2013 
Publishers: HarperTeen 
Pages: 421
Genre: Greek Mythology 

After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.

Review - Minor spoilers if you have not read the series

As a massive fan of Greek Mythology I feel as if I've failed this particular genre because as you can see by the release date this book came out last year in May. I do not know how I deprived myself of such a brilliant ending to this amazing series! Honestly if you are a massive fan of Greek Mythology and you haven't read this series you're insane.

Words cannot express how much I loved this book. Lately I've been reading slow and I thought this would take me a while but no, I devoured this book in one sitting! All social contact between my friends was basically cut-off! You know when you've been waiting a year for the next book and when you finally get it you just missed the characters? Yeah that was me!


The amount of book boyfriends I have in this book it's ridiculous. Call me a book slut but I have no shame when it comes to the Delos family. 


Since I read Antigoddess last week, I'm in a sort of Greek Mythological mood and I liked comparing both novels because they are about the same aspect of the Trojan War and it was interesting seeing the different variations of the story. In Antigoddess it was a war amongst the Gods and in Goddess its Scions (demi-gods pretty much) versus the gods!

This novel was action-packed and filled with romance. The starcrossed lovers had to go through the ultimate battle to get out alive. The stakes were high and it was all up to Helen, our mian character. People doubted her and she got betrayed many times over but she pulled through and proved herself to be a worthy hero. Throughout the series sometimes Helen came across as whiny, weak and sometimes even self-centred but she proved everybody wrong (even myself). 

The major thing about the series is the romance! Ooooh the romance just kills me. I will warn you there is a bit of a love-triangle (somewhat) but it's the good kind. Even though I've finished the series I love both love interests! And it wasn't that kind of love-triangle where the girl just can't choose and one page she is all about one guy and then the next she changes her mind, in this one it all falls down to the messed up situation. And when I say messed up, I mean really MESSED up! Rome and Juliette aint got nothing on this couple. (It isn't called the Starcrossed series for nothing) 

I better end this here but as you can see this review is just a hot mess but I can never put in words how much I love a book. (Negative reviews however...no trouble!) But believe me when I say GO AND READ THIS NOW! Even if you are not a fan of Greek Mythology you will still love it. Josephine Aneglini is an amazing writer and she did a perfect job of incorporating the history of the Trojan War. I just love this trilogy and I'm so depressed that it ended, I hope she writes another series. Fingers crossed! 






2 comments

  1. Wow you read this extremely quick! You've hands down convinced me to pick up this series. I've really missed Greek Mythology (even though I haven't read much of it) so I'm excited to see how it plays out in this series. Glad you liked it, Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't read your review because I'm interested in reading the series but thought I'd leave a little note anyways. I'm so intrigued by these novels and the covers of them are GORGEOUS! I love the colours used. *looks in awe at the series*

    I'm glad you've adored this series, Francoise and you've given this one five stars - has me convinced! :D

    ReplyDelete