Latest Posts

{Series Review} Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

By 7:03 pm

Add to Goodreads
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick 
Release Date: October 23rd 2012
Publishers: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 
Pages: 453
Genre: Paranormal > Angels > Romance 

Will love conquer all?


Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.

Review - No Spoilers 

From my previous reviews you could probably already tell that I LOVED this series. No words can truly express how I feel. I honestly can't believe it has taken me this long to start it. Usually when I start a series I read the first one and then go on to reading other books and then end up forgetting about it. It's been a while since I've loved a series this much to just read it straight. This series was just jam-packed with so many emotions it's ridiculous. The whole way through the journey I felt like the main character and just felt everything she felt. Not many people like this series and I can see that it's not everyone's cup of tea but then next time you see this sitting on a bookshelf in the library or book shop, PICK IT UP!

Plot

I find it funny how I think back to my previous thoughts when I first started reading this series. At first I though wow this can't get any better and it must be one of those series that just goes down hill. Well I was proven completely wrong! The plot never ceased to amaze me and just when I thought things were getting dull, BAM there's a plot twist. This series kept me up reading into the late hours and it took me everything to put it down.

Annoying Intro

I don't even know why this annoyed me so much but have you ever read a book and they just recap over every detail at the start like as if you were reading the first book again. Well this happened in this one and i  just felt like rolling my eyes half the time because it felt like the author thought we forgot the story line and characters.

Characters 

Nora - Main Character 
Sometimes Nora got a little too whiny for my liking and her insecurities got the best of her more than once. She really needs to trust Patch (lover interest) and give him a chance to explain before things go south, and half the time this happened. But throughout the series she definitely grew, more so towards the end. She truly proved herself as a worthy heroine at the end and I congratulate her for being so brave. (Lol, obviously my perception between fiction and reality is muddled up!)

Vee - Best Friend 
Vee was greatly influential on Nora's decision at the start but then the roles were flipped. I felt like Vee got pushed to the side too often and got taken for granted way too much. The series mainly focused on the romance and sometimes it overpowered the plot line which got a little annoying at times. At the end she proved herself to be a trustworthy and loyal friend, she was always there when needed.

Patch - Love Interest
Patch ohhhh Patch. He is definitely one of my new Book Boyfriends. Becca Fitzpatrick did the best job creating a perfect guy but with flaws obviously. Honestly why can't guys be like these book characters? It would make life a lot more easier for the female population! Patch was just so sexy and I am an envious of Nora, yes I said it, I'm envious of a fictional character.

Love Triangle and the 'No-Parent Syndrome

At one stage in this series I was really worried that this series was turning into a love triangle but thankfully it didn't! At one stage it was heading towards one but I think Becca Fitzpatrick opted out and I'm glad she didn't go down that route. In my other reviews I said this fell into the No-Parent Syndrome and this book more so. So many things happened there was no time for a helicopter mother but it just made the realistic factor plummet a little. I guess the fact that they are older they can get away with it but it still doesn't excuse the problem.

Overall

I loved this series and I don't care about the fact that many people didn't. Everything was in order; the romance was hot and steamy, the action never let up, the story-line took many twists and turns and the characters will be ones I won't forget. I highly recommend that you give it a go but not everyone's going to love it.

As a last note, the next book I'm thinking of reading is Antigoddess by Kandare Blake

3 comments

  1. I had to skim parts of this review only to avoid spoilers but I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's always sad finishing a good series. Now I'm really excited to read Hush Hush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five, girly! I totally don't care that other people are hating on this too- I really enjoyed it! The last book was good! And umm, Patch is a sizzling love interest so yeay! <3 Oooh, can't wait to hear your thoughts on Antigoddess! I've been dying to read that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been fussed about starting this series but I might just give it a go :D Ahhhhh I hate the recapping intros but then again with all the books to be read, I sometimes don't read the first in a series so it helps to remind me (only sometimes though!)
    Great review, Francoise!

    ReplyDelete